AEIS Sec 3 English test
Your child will be given 2 hours 10 minutes to complete the test which comprises 2 parts:
Part 1: Writing.
2 topics are set for Sec 1 test, and 4 topics are set for Sec 2 and Sec 3 tests.
Your child has to choose 1 topic and write a composition on it:
- 200 to 300 words for Sec 1 test.
- 250 to 350 words for Sec 2 test.
- 300 to 400 words for Sec 3 test.
Part 2: Comprehension and language use.
50 compulsory multiple-choice questions comprising:
- Comprehension based on 2 passages (15 items)
- Comprehension cloze based on 2 passages (15 items)
- Vocabulary (10 items)
- Grammar (10 items)
AEIS Sec 3 Mathematics test
The Mathematics test comprises 2 parts. Your child will be given 30 minutes to complete Part 1, and 1 hour 45 minutes to complete Part 2:
- Part 1: Multiple-choice questions (34 items).
- Part 2: Short-answer questions (20 items) and open-ended questions (10 to 15 items).
The use of calculators is not allowed. For short-answer and open-ended questions, your child has to show the method of solution clearly by writing their working steps in the spaces provided in addition to providing the final answers.
Generally, open-ended questions require longer and more complex method of solutions as compared to short-answer questions.