AEIS Exam Paper P2
AEIS Exam paper p2 is one of the important papers for international students. Parents who want to send their child to Singapore mainstream school should think about familiarity with the English language and Education level.
Mainstream schools use English as the language of teaching. Thus, the admission tests will be conducted in English. Applicants should be familiar with the English and Mathematics syllabuses before the one they are applying. For instance, one should be familiar with the Primary 1 syllabus if he/she is sitting for the Primary 2 test.
As for education level, your child should be within 2 years of the appropriate age for the respective education level. For example, your child should be 7 to 7+ years old (less than 8) for the education level of Primary 2. More information can be found on MOE Singapore.
Test Details of AEIS Exam Paper P2
AEIS Exam Paper P2
The English test consists of 34 multiple-choice questions on comprehension and language use. Your child will have 1 hour to finish the test:
- Comprehension supported 2 passages (6 items)
- Comprehension cloze supported 2 passages (10 items)
- Vocabulary (5 items)
- Grammar (5 items)
- Spelling (8 items)
The Mathematics test comprises 2 parts. Your child will have 25 minutes to finish Part 1 and 40 minutes to finish Part 2:
- Part 1: Multiple-choice questions (29 items)
- Part 2: Short-answer questions (17 items)
The use of calculators isn’t allowed. For short-answer questions, your child will need to show the solution (working steps) clearly and write the solution within the space provided.
How to apply for AEIS Exam Paper P2?
- Submit a web application. confirm you’ve got a legitimate email address.
- Make payment for the fees through the well-liked mode of credit or open-end credit during your online application. The AEIS fee is $672 and it is non-refundable. If you’re unable to try to do so, you’ll pay through PayNow or NETS. An email with a QR code for payment through PayNow and directions to pay through NETS will be sent. Nevertheless, you need to schedule a meeting a minimum of 2 days beforehand before proceeding to our Customer Service Centre if you select to pay by NETS.
- Email the subsequent supporting documents in PDF or JPG to email@example.com within 1 week. Please indicate the applicant’s name as per passport within the email subject title. Your child’s certificate. If it’s in other languages, you’ve got to submit an accurate English-translated copy. Your child’s passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months.
If your application and payment are successful, you’ll receive a politician email from the Singapore Examinations & Assessment Board (SEAB) by early September. the e-mail will include:
- The AEIS entry proof
- Your child’s details
- Index number
- Test timetable
- Test venue
- Instructions for applicants, like do’s and don’ts, what to bring, etc.
Tips for AEIS Exam Preparation
1) Understand the questions
Since the admission exams will be conducted in English, your child should be familiar with the English Language. With the correct understanding of the questions, your child will then be able to answer accordingly.
For English, it is important to focus on grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
2) Practice for the past AEIS exam papers
On top of understanding the questions, it is extremely important to also familiarize your child with the AEIS exam format.
The best way to practice and get familiarized with the AEIS exam is to get the recreated past year paper based on actual questions. With this, it increases your child’s confidence level to pass the AEIS exam.
3) Participate in the tuition class
Studying in Singapore is extremely competitive as the education system is one of the best in Asia. With only a few months of preparation, students are expected to be familiar with the syllabuses before the exam.
Trained and experienced tutors can be helpful to uncover your child’s potential to the max. With proper guidance and weekly lessons, your child will be well-prepared for the AEIS exam.
4) Organize a conducive study table
To be able to focus 100%, your child should have a neat and tidy table without computer games. The study table should locate away from TV, computers, gaming devices, and bed.
Although a quiet location is ideal for studying, background music helps sometimes for your child to practice subjects like Mathematics. It depends as some children can study better with the music on.
5) Multiple breaks during exam revision
Studying continuously can be tedious and discouraging even though your child is really interested in a particular subject.
It is recommended to take a short 5 mins break after every 20 to 30 mins of study. Take a look at the greenery outside your condo/HDB to relax the eyes.
The duration of each revision session should stay between 2 to 3 hours. Most of the children lose focus after 3 hours of continuous learning without a break.
6) Explain after learning
The best way for your child to learn something new is to explain. It is extremely effective to learn by having your child explain what he/she has learned to you.
This communicative method can identify easily which topic of the subject needs to be focused more on. A clear explanation means that your child has understood fully the subject he learned.
7) Discussion with friends
A group study session can be helpful for your child to study and revise together with his/her friends. The exam is about “how and why”.
The revision will be meaningful if a few children study together and share their understanding and thoughts. The English and Mathematics subject is not 100% about memorizing. Thus, there might be more than 1 method/answer to certain questions in certain situations.
In discussion, your child learns to share ideas and thought to look for a solution as a team. This will be an important soft skill as they grow up and step into society many years later.
Questions about AEIS Exam
If you are still not sure if the AEIS exam is for your child or you have other questions, feel free to contact us now!
Order 086 –
Good compared to other shop
Seller answered all my questions regarding the papers. Thank you.