AEIS Exam paper p5 is one of the important papers for international students. Parents who want to send their child to Singapore mainstream school should think about familiarity with the English language and Education level.
Mainstream schools use English as the language of teaching. Thus, the admission tests will be conducted in English. Applicants should be familiar with the English and Mathematics syllabuses before the one they are applying. For instance, one should be familiar with the Primary 4 syllabus if he/she is sitting for the Primary 5 test.
As for education level, your child should be within 2 years of the appropriate age for the respective education level. For example, your child should be 10 to 10+ years old (less than 10) for the education level of Primary 5. More information can be found on MOE Singapore.
Test Details of AEIS Exam Paper P5
AEIS Exam Paper P5
The English test comprises 2 parts. Your child will be given 2 hours to complete Part 1 and Part 2. The paper is taken in a single sitting:
Part 1: Writing.
2 topics are set, one of which comes with a picture. Your child has to choose 1 topic and write a composition of at least 100 words on it.
Part 2: Comprehension and language use.
50 compulsory multiple-choice questions comprising:
- Comprehension based on 2 passages (10 items)
- Comprehension cloze based on 2 passages (12 items)
- Vocabulary (14 items)
- Grammar (14 items)
The Mathematics test comprises 2 parts. Your child will be given 35 minutes to complete Part 1, and 50 minutes to complete Part 2:
- Part 1: Multiple-choice questions (30 items).
- Part 2: Short-answer questions (8 items) and open-ended questions (6 items).
The use of calculators is not allowed. For short-answer and open-ended questions, your child will have to show the method of solution clearly by writing their working steps in the spaces provided in addition to providing the final answers.
Generally, open-ended questions require longer and more complex method of solutions as compared to short-answer questions.
How to apply for AEIS Exam Paper P5?
- Submit a web application. Confirm you’ve got a legitimate email address.
- Make payment for the fees through the well-liked mode of credit or open-end credit during your online application. The AEIS fee is $672 and it is non-refundable. If you’re unable to try to do so, you’ll pay through PayNow or NETS. An email with a QR code for payment through PayNow and directions to pay through NETS will be sent. Nevertheless, you need to schedule a meeting a minimum of 2 days beforehand before proceeding to our Customer Service Centre if you select to pay by NETS.
- Email the subsequent supporting documents in PDF or JPG to firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 week. Please indicate the applicant’s name as per passport within the email subject title with your child’s certificate. If it’s in other languages, you’ve got to submit an accurate English-translated copy. Your child’s passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months.
If your application and payment are successful, you’ll receive a politician email from the Singapore Examinations & Assessment Board (SEAB) by early September. the e-mail will include:
- The AEIS entry proof
- Your child’s details
- Index number
- Test timetable
- Test venue
- Instructions for applicants, like do’s and don’ts, what to bring, etc.